Pages

Monday, December 13, 2010

Mystery drink

The last known occurrence of a 'mystery drink' situation was at a bar in New Orleans during Mardi Gras.

The"bar" was actually a glorified pit of despair hole in the wall that would have completely blended into the wall if not for the red pepper lights hanging around the door post and the enormous gentleman sitting next to the door in a dirty plastic chair that could only have managed not to splinter under this gigantic man with the aid of magic. The tiny bar was packed bar full of costumed (some guy was wearing what I still believe to be an actual, deceased moose's head) patrons.

That place was like this: Lots of people. Lots of alcohol. Lots of obnoxious sounds. It felt kind of like this:

It's beautiful, yet intriguing.



















 
We ended up in a small corner where we yelled at our friends over the blasting music coming out of the speakers located roughly three inches from our heads. Boyfriend went over to the bar while I stood huddled in the corner, trying to prevent unnecessary touching from strangers. He reappeared a minute later and handed me a small plastic cup.

I sniffed it. I couldn’t smell any alcohol (this should have been a red flag). I sipped at it. It kinda tasted like fruit cocktail - this sent a signal to my brain that it must be as benign as watered down Kool-Aid. So I drank it. All of it. (In hindsight, this entire thing was my own damn fault.)

I felt fine for the first thirty seconds. Then all of a sudden, everything became ridiculously funny. After that it was all kind of a blur.

To be honest I'm not really 100% on what happened, but I do know that Boyfriend had to lovingly carry and/or drag my drunk self all the way home.
 
Here is this entire post in a nutshell:



...Maybe I should have just posted the diagram? Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment