Pages

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Why a book by me would never sell

People always tell me (with exasperation/superiority complex), "everything always happens to you." *insert irritating eye roll*

Things happen to me all the time. Things happen to everyone. Most people just don't feel a need to illustrate them poorly.

So for all of you who say that...you should know I picture you like this:




















I happen to be a little bit of a drama queen - somehow, I feel like it is necessary to share my experiences through story telling, poorly executed attempts at art and interpretive dance.

Okay, so not interpretive dance. I'm a terrible dancer.






















Regardless.

A book by me would be random and distorted with a poorly constructed plot. I lose interest quickly and go off on random tangents about nothing. Sometimes I surprise myself by completing what I start, but honestly, that is incredibly rare. Like unicorns.

In the hypothetical that I ever did successfully write a book, people would flock to their neighborhood book peddlers and snatch up every copy. They would read the first few pages and giggle a high pitched giggle of excitement and glee. And then they would realize how random and distorted it was. And how poorly the plot was constructed.














They would hold my book, staring lamely at my masterpiece with discontent. They would flop around like dying fishes. I'm pretty sure that they would eventually succumb to a feeling of helplessness and general malaise - too depressed to do anything but lie on the floor and wait for the world to end.












I can't sit idly by and watch all of you regret a purchase like this.

It's because I care.

No comments:

Post a Comment